Community Service Opportunity! Mentor Up Workshop with AARP
5629 Byrom St.
Milton, FL 32570
United States of America
Pensacola Young Professionals is teaming up with AARP and the Milton Community Center to host a free workshop for those who need assistance with setting up and using their technology devices. As young pros, we are usually the mentees looking for mentorship. This time, PYP Members will be the volunteer mentors as we help attendees with tech basics for their smart phones, tablets, e-readers, and laptops and help them get introduced to social media, Skype, and similar apps. This event is open to PYP Members only.
How it works:
- Seniors (and others who need assistance) will sign up for a mentor session and bring their tech devices along with them on the day-of.
- PYP Members will break out into groups (no more than 20) and walk through the basics of turning on the device and accessing commonly used apps and answer attendees' specific questions/help them navigate. Share your tips and tricks for getting the most out of their devices!
- There will be two sessions offered and each will be an hour and a half long.
High-level agenda for the day:
- Session 1: PYP Members arrive at 8:30am, session runs from 9am - 10:30am
- Break: 10:30am - 11am Light refreshments provided by AARP
- Session 2: 11am - 12:30pm; PYP Members debrief and plan to leave by 1pm
PYP Members can sign up for one or both sessions - we will coordinate after intial registration.
We hope you'll consider volunteering for this unique opportunity to help bring our young pro tech prowess to those who need assistance!
|NeonCRM by Neon One|
We CONNECT young professionals with like-minded individuals and community opportunities.
We GIVE our time, talents, and treasure to develop our community.
We continue to GROW as leaders through personal and professional development.
We LIVE each day healthy, well, and balanced.